So, it's 2017, and I am really determined to improve at my art. I am pushing myself harder than I have in the past, trying to force myself to work from the ground up.
I really want to nail the fundamentals this year. So I am starting off with Proko's Figure Drawing Fundamentals course. My current goal was to do one chapter a day and build on the last, whilst reviewing what I had learned so far. However I just got up to mannequins, and wow, I thought robo-bean was hard, there is no way I can finish that behemoth chapter in one day. So I am actually going to break the mannequin chapter up into parts of the body in the order he shows them in his video (starting with neck).
My current study schedule:
- 40x 60s Gesture Drawings
- 20x Bean Practice
- 5x Robo-Bean Practice (these are really hard and take a long time at the moment, once I am more confident with them, I will replace my bean practice with 20x Robo-Beans).
- Chapter study (currently mannequins, so working bit by bit to nail and review that chapter).
Afternoon: (I really start to struggle to focus on learning in the afternoon, so I realised I need to do "fun"/"easy-going" things in the arvo).
- Pinterest Cosplay Study Marathon
- Drawing for fun
- Relax, play games, watch anime.
So far it has been going well, hopefully in the next few months I can see progress.
Other habits I am trying to adapt: Doodling cubes, cylinders etc. when I am watching movies, on the phone etc.
Future goals when I finish the Proko Course:
- Caricature Course
- Anatomy Course
- Scott Robertson's How to Draw & How to Render
- Schoolism Courses (too many that I want to do!!!)
- Daily Studies (rocks, trees, textures, materials etc.)
I am enjoying having a schedule to follow along with, it helps me keep focused and feel like I am progressing in a direction.
I will continue uploading all my studies etc. daily into scraps. I don't really expect anyone to care about them, but I like having the record.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I do 12 hour shifts on the days I do work, so there will be some days where I don't post at all. This is made up by more than normal days off luckily. <3